Coalition Clean Baltic is now looking for a Communications officer to fill a new full time position from the beginning of April 2018. We are currently updating our communication profile, including outreach channels and visual appearance, and aiming to enhance the quality of our communication efforts. In this context we are very excited to be able to offer this new position of Communications officer.
As communication officer your tasks will include:
- Coordinating and supervising implementation of CCB’s Communication Strategy across the whole network
- Creating a social media/outreach plan/strategy for the organisation
- Ensuring a uniform visual identity for all CCB outreach
- Maintaining and updating the content of CCB’s website (currently based on WordPress with respective applets and widgets)
- Regularly distributing information to the network and beyond through CCB’s outreach channels (website, mailing lists, incl. MailChimp and social media)
- Day-to-day running of CCB social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Preparation of visual and textual material for outreach (e.g. press-releases, statements, videoclips, images, etc.)
- Layout and preparation for publishing of information materials, reports etc
- Assisting program and project managers with communication needs
- Training the rest of the staff in communication skills as needed
Some travel will be necessary, mostly in the Baltic Sea Region, and you need to be able to participate in some meetings on weekends, since the network consists partly of volunteers who dedicate their spare time to environmental activism. You should share our devotion to protecting the environment, and experience in working in an international context, preferably in the Baltic Region, is valuable. Our working language, both in the secretariat and within the network as a whole, is English. Please observe that we expect applications written in English.
To fit for this position you should have the following qualifications:
- Communication training and experience, preferably including social media, website management, images, video, layout for digital media as well as print
- Writing skills, conveying the message
- Fluent in English, knowledge of any other Baltic language is an asset.
- Experience in working in an international environment is beneficial
- Experience in environmental/nature conservation issues is beneficial
- Ability to work both as a team member as well as individually
Level of salary comparable to NGOs staff in Sweden and in accordance with the Collective Agreements of the respective Union’s. Subject to adjustment depending on experience and annual increase.
Send your application, in English, including your CV and a personal letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest on 9 February 2018.