The International Secretariat of the Coalition Clean Baltic (CCB), a grass-root environmental NGO network for the Baltic Sea Region, is now seeking for a new colleague to join the team as an International Coordinator/Administrative Officer. Being an international organization CCB’s work is carried out in English and we expect you to submit your application accordingly.
As a primary task, the International Coordinator/Administrative Officer, supported by the rest of the Secretariat’s team, will
- coordinate arrangement of joint meetings, seminars, workshops and other meetings for the purpose of specific projects or the whole network, including Board and General Meetings, Annual Conferences, etc. (including booking accommodation and tickets)
- support the book-keeping and financial management needs in CCB, in cooperation with other staff members, which implies:
- collection and submission to the accounting company of receipts, invoices and bills, arising from activities of the staff members (e.g. travels, procurement, etc.), using Company Expense software
- enabling efficient time-management system for internal and external staff and, if needed, providing training to the staff for respective purposes
- monitoring implementation of the financial routines and if needed, developing proposals for relevant adjustments, e.g. the list of accounts
- monitoring agreements with donors and partners, deadlines for narrative and financial reporting, respective payments
- liaising and coordinating with the book-keeping company on various matters, including support for financial management and internal controls within CCB, its daily, quarterly and yearly routines
- supervise general office duties such as ordering materials, filing documents etc.
As a secondary task, the Administrative Officer, will be responsible for support in
- CCB’s organizational development, e.g. through trainings for the whole network
- establishing CCB’s monitoring and evaluation system
- drafting new project proposals and fund-raising to balance CCB’s budget
- facilitation of additional communication functions, as e.g. storytelling about CCB’s activities, webinars and web-meetings.
- monitoring training opportunities for internal and external staff
Some travel will be necessary, mostly in the Baltic Sea Region, and you need to be able to participate in some meetings on weekends, since the network consists partly of volunteers who dedicate their spare time to environmental activism.
- Post-graduate degree in governance, resource management or a related field.
- Experience with a diverse range of groups and stakeholders including multilateral organizations, EU and Member State governments, universities, industry, and grassroots work.
- Experience of project management and fulfilling project outcomes in line with funder and client expectations.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating projects.
- The ability to write reports for funders.
- The ability to frequently travel throughout the Baltic and EU.
- Creative and passionate team player – you like to get your hands dirty, ambitious but with a humble and down-to-earth mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills – net worker and good at dealing with local and external stakeholders, diplomatic but convincing.
- Ability to switch from the overall picture to details, and prioritize a diverse workload.
- Exceptional communicator with outstanding presentation skills.
- Pro-active at developing partnerships, making links and maintaining effective working relationships with partners.
- High personal drive, forward thinking and ability to take own initiatives.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter; able to drive ideas to action and passionate about results.
- Robust ethics and moral compass that mirrors CCB’s values, committed to equal opportunities and social justice.
Collective Agreement: Arbetsgivaralliansen
Level of salary: comparable to NGOs staff in Sweden and in accordance the Union. Subject to adjustment depending on experience, performance and annual increase.
Work time: 38,75 hrs/week; vacation 28 days
Probation period: 6 months
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
It is expected that a new employee would start from 7 January 2019.
Should you be interested in applying for this position please send you CV with a motivational letter by 31 December 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Likewise any inquiries related to this vacancy announcement should be forwarded to the above email or by phone +46 739 770 793.