Temporary position for approx.1 year with start in May 2021.
The Programme “Creating and sustaining positive change in key thematic areas related to water – strengthening the role of NGOs and civil society in Belarus and Russia”, supported by Sida, builds on a long-term vision that strong public demand for participation in water resources protection and management will lead to positive policy changes and an improved system of long-term public engagement in decision-making processes. The Programme interventions are based on a strong and active civil society, which plays a key role in creating and sustaining positive changes in the water-related practices and governance. The Programme promotes the work and activities of local NGOs, which are the key part in local civil society through their capacity building and technical support.
The primary function of a Programme manager is to make sure the Programme runs smoothly. Assistance in coordination of Sida funded environmental Programme in Belarus and Russia, focused on promotion of sustainable water management and capacity building implemented by local environmental NGOs, partners and experts in two countries.
On a day-to-day basis, Programme manager key responsibilities will typically involve maintaining Programme documentation, such as plans and reports; assigning tasks and controlling schedules; communicating the Programme’s goals, progress, results to team members, partners and other stakeholders, managing the Programme’s budget and reporting (to CCB Board and the donor).
These tasks require a flair for time management, excellent communication and organisational skills.
Programme manager responsibilities
- Handling holistic administration and coordination for the Programme, providing administrative support to management.
- Ensuring all parts of an assigned Programme are processed, organized, and progressing according to predetermined timelines and deliverable dates
- Assisting and supporting the Programme director.
- Designing and controlling the Programme schedule.
- Ensuring deadlines are met.
- Assisting in assigning tasks to relevant parties and check in for status updates.
- Delegating tasks to team members in Belarus and Russia.
- Initiating, organising and attending Programme and stakeholder meetings.
- Organising Programme meetings and ensuring proper documentation and recording.
- Tracking and communicating Programme risks and opportunities.
- Analysing Programme progress and, when necessary, adapting scope, timelines, and costs to achieve planned results.
- Coordinating internal and external resources, ensuring implementation within scope, schedule, and defined budgets for the overall Programme level and for each individual partner.
- Supporting partners and management team with capacity building activities related to planning, reporting and monitoring.
- Initiating and supporting commutation activities to update donor, management, board and other stakeholders on the Programme’s progress and success stories.
- Administrating external and internal communication for the Programme.
- Liaising with partners to determine the Programme’s objectives.
- Facilitating contacts between Programme partners and the CCB Network.
- Preparing information for media and social media about the Programme.
- Acting as a point of communication between Programme and external actors.
- Following up regularly on financial reporting and Audit requirements according to the agreements for both the CCB’s financial officer and for Programme partners who might need assistance
- Tracking Programme budget and have a good picture of financial picture of the Programme implementation.
- Handling financial queries.
- Supporting preparation and approving of budgets for partners’ agreements.
- Being able to provide financial overview for the Programme and spending.
- Compiling financial report for the Programme.
- Controlling and administrating contacts with local auditors
- Following up on Programme activities with partners related to relevant indicators and fulfilment of Programme goals and objectives.
- Reporting Programme outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on work plans.
- Developing and improving reporting routines and templates for partners
- Collecting partner reports (narrative and financial) and compiling joint reports for the Programme.
- Supporting monitoring expert(s) and jointly developing monitoring report for the Programme with clear links to the fulfilment of the Programme objectives.
- Initiating, supporting and being responsible for arrangements for the meetings and events on the Programme level including accommodation and travels related to Programme implementation
Skills and Qualifications
- At least Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 3+ years’ project management experience.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Russian and English language fluency (reading, writing, speaking).
- Strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Professional certifications in Project management are of additional merit.
Job place and working conditions:
This full-time, but time limited position will play a critical role in the CCB International Secretariat’s, with a focus on Eastern European work of the Coalition Clean Baltic and its 24 NGO member organizations advocating across the Baltic Sea catchment. You will work closely with the team in Uppsala to ensure effective implementation of CCB’s projects and initiatives.
As soon as current travel restrictions will be lifted, some travel will be necessary in relation to the Programme. You may also need to be able to participate in occasional meetings on weekends, since the network consists partly of volunteers who dedicate their spare time to environmental activism.
Salary comparable to NGO staff in Sweden and in accordance with the Collective Agreements of the respective Unions.
Location: CCB’s office is located Uppsala, Sweden, but remote work is possible even after the pandemic restrictions are lifted.
It is expected that you would start from 1 May 2021 at the latest.
How to send us your CV and motivational letter
Should you be interested in applying for this position please send you CV with a motivational letter by 1 March 2021 to email@example.com.
Likewise, any inquiries related to this vacancy announcement should be forwarded to the above email or by phone to Executive Secretary Mikhail Durkin at +46 739 770 793.