The 10th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region was held in Gdánsk on 12-13 June 2019.
The main topic of this year’s Forum was Circular and sharing economy as an answer to demographic changes and environmental challenges in the Baltic Sea Region.
The programme for the two-day event included 19 seminars on a wide range of topics that support the thematic focus of the Forum. During the seminars, participants were able to see the potential for the development of the Circular Economy in the Baltic Sea Region in areas such as food, health, tourism, transport, cities, bioeconomy, industry, education, migrants, labour market and demography.
The Forum also offered the opportunity to participate in the Networking Village where participants had direct contact with those responsible for the work of EUSBSR.
Coalition Clean Baltic co-hosted a seminar on plastic in the societies: “Close plastic tap – Plastic does not belong to environment!” – on Thursday 13 June (10:45 – 12:15). Related documents:
- Summary Report
- Macro and Microplastics; the sources and threats – Ewa M. Siedlecka, University of Gdánsk
- Close plastic tap! – Plastic does not belong to environment! – Piotr Barczak, European Environmental Bureau
- Plastic Free Baltic – Plastic Free Ocean – Eugeniy Lobanov, Coalition Clean Baltic
- Gdánsk without plastic – Maciej Lorek, Gdansk Municipality
- FanpLESStic-Sea project – Małgorzata Drewnowska, Gdańsk Water – FanpLESStic-sea project
More info about the event are available here.