The 2nd Save the Rivers Coalition´s Conference “All rivers lead to the Baltic Sea” was held in Gdánsk on 16-17 April.
The aim of the conference was to raise public awareness about rivers and their impacts on human activities and in the Baltic Sea Region. The conference was a continuation of the knowledge platform on rivers initiated by the Coalition Save the Rivers (KRR).
CCB Executive Secretary attended the event and talked about “Mission of the project Healthy river – healthy sea – Healthy me“.
- Do we need to save Polish rivers? Review of river events in Poland – Ewa Leś, KRR
- Sources of pollution of rivers and their impact on the Baltic Sea – prof. Ewa Siedlecka, University of Gdansk
- Save our waters, close tap with microplastics! – Mariya Suma / Eugeniy Lobanov, Center for Environmental Solutions, Minsk, Belarus
- Challenges and solutions on the coast of the Gulf of Finland – Elena Gretchina, Friends of the Baltic Sea
- Why our beach is closed? Rivers impact on the eutrophication of the Baltic Sea – Artur Furdyna, Friends of Ina and Gowienica rivers Association, KRR
- Free Rivers for Europe – Can success stories from the Baltic Sea spark better river protection in the EU? What’s your river story? – Tobias Schaefer, Living Rivers Foundation
- Vistula Spit Canal Project from the point of Polish and EU law – Radosław Gawlik, Eko-Unia