The European Commission organised a conference on the future of the LIFE Programme, covering the 2021-2027 funding period. The event took place at the Metropole Hotel in Brussels, Belgium on 6 and 7 November 2019.
The main objectives of the programme have been provisionally agreed in the next Regulation, and the task now is to prepare its implementation. The Commission was therefore looking for the views of stakeholders on the following issues:
- the key challenges/issues where LIFE can help make a difference
- the solutions that could be supported by LIFE
- how to make the solutions happen
In addition to several plenaries, discussions were organised in parallel sessions that correspond to the four future LIFE sub-programmes:
- Nature and Biodiversity
- Circular Economy and Quality of Life
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Clean Energy Transition
The conference was invitation-only.