CCB arranged a kick-off meeting for the “Free Baltic Rivers” project in Pärnu, Estonia, on 23 May. The meeting was held back to back with “Let it Flow” International Seminar on dam removal organized by Estonian Ministry of Environment and Dam Removal Europe.
CCB members, anglers organisations and partners from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia and Belarus were represented. CCB office was represented by Gunnar Noren and Lennart Gladh as project leaders.
Key point of the meeting:
– Presentations about current situation in each country
– Presentation and discussion on questionnaire´s outcomes about specific objectives (dam removal and/or fishways)
– Preparation of a list of main objectives (dam removal and/or fishways)
– Organization of a study trip in Finland in 2020
– Organization of national meetings/seminars
The project is funded by BSCF and will continue and be presented at the HELCOM Ministerial meeting at the end of 2021.