On May 5th was held online the first workshop on Men in Climate Crisis.
Mikhail Durkin, CCB Executive Secretary, and Camille Fraizy, CCB International Coordinator/Communication Assistant took part in the event.
During the workshop, were some key questions:
- What are the connections between masculinities and the global climate crisis?
- What does my relation to nature look like?
- Why is reciprocity and care important aspects of an equal and sustainable world, without violence?
- How can we contribute to change in mutual and diverse ways?
The workshop was taking place over the five interconnected sessions on Wednesdays each week, at 3.00-5.00pm CET starting May 5th – May 12th – May 19th– May 26th and June 2nd.
Recordings of the workshops are available here:
All genders were welcome to participate, and the workshop facilitators were speaking English. However, simultaneous interpretation (Russian-speaking participants) was available.
Recordings on YouTube of previous seminars in the Climate Crisis, Men and Climate Justice series:
- Part 1 – Dec 10, 2020: Listening to Girls and Women leading the Feminist Climate Justice Movement
- Part 2 – February 25, 2021: Men Masculinities and Earth: Contending with the (m)Antropocene
- Part 3 – March 11: Challenges and Opportunities for Building Resilient, Sustainable Communities
- Part 4 – April 1, 2021: Men Caring for Gender Equality and Climate Justice