CCB strives to promote equality in all work that is performed within the framework of CCB. The work performed within CCB shall promote equality and democracy as well as promoting environmental and socially sustainable development.
CCBs GOAL WITH REGARDs TO GENDER EQUALITY
The goal is that everyone performing activities within the framework of CCB shall have the same possibilities, rights and obligations. This extends to the even distribution of power and influence, equal conditions where entrepreneurship, jobs and working conditions are concerned, as well as the same opportunities to develop in the working situation. Further, it implies equal access to education and to opportunities to develop personal ambitions.
DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITY
- The CCB Gender Strategy was adopted by the CCB Board in March 2003. The Gender Strategy was revised in March 2006 and includes now also the issue of Equality. The discussion on Gender and Equity issues will be regularly revised within CCB.
- When selecting projects to receive CCB/SIDA funding, the way gender and equity issues both within the project and within the applying organization will be taken into consideration.
- Regular presentations and discussions on the gender and equity activities performed by the CCB Member organisations will be made within the CCB Board. Experiences and updates will be forwarded to the CCB network.
- During Board Meeting at Szczecin at March 2017 the CCB Board сonsidered the secretariat proposal to follow up the CCB Gender questionnaire from 2006 and to decided about the future steps in promotion Gender and Equity issues for 2017.
- Presentation of the result of the follow up analysis of the responses made at the Board Meeting at Szczecin at March 2017 could be found here.
- At CCB’s Annual Conference at Rostock at May 2017 the results of the new Gender questionnaire were presenter and the future steps discussed. The presentation could be found here.
- In order to ensure the gender mainstreaming in Programmes funded by SIDA and to bring gender to the next level, CCB secured support from the Swedish organization – MÄN, and provided trainings on “Gender and sensitivity and Environment” for the Russian partner in May 2018 and in October 2019 for partners in Belarus.
CCB Gender questionnaire (2017)
Links to resources, organisations and governments working with gender issues.
- Gender Tool Box – The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- The European Women’s Lobby
- WIDE- Network Women in Development Europe
- Gender and Water Alliance
- ENERGIA – International Network on Gender and Sustainable Energy
- WomenWatch (UN)
- Gender Data Portal (World Bank)
- OECD Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC)
- International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance: Gender and Democracy
- UNESCO: gender mainstreaming
- European Commission
- European Parliament
- Council of Europe
- German Government
- Swedish Government