The Eastern Baltic Cod´s stock has shown signs of crisis for many years. The latest information suggests the situation is now critical. It is clear that reversing the collapse of the stock, and securing future coastal livelihoods in the Baltic, demands immediate extraordinary action.
Failing to react will mean a lost opportunity to save what can be saved, pushing off recovery perhaps for decades.
We provide a list of recent documents regarding Eastern Baltic cod and our actions to protect the stock.
- Conclusions and recommendations from the BSAC Executive Committee theme meeting on eastern Baltic cod, 29 January 2019
- Report back to BSAC members from observers to the WKBALTCOD2 – ICES benchmark on Baltic cod, February 2019
- NGOs Joint Letter to EU Commission, 14 February 2019
- Joint Press Release on Eastern Baltic cod, 21 February 2019
- Letter from the EU Commission to Chairs of BALTFISH and BSAC, 27 February 2019
- Letter from BSAC to Commission and BALTFISH regarding January workshop on Eastern Baltic cod, 4 March 2019
- EU Commission response to NGOs, 13 March 2019
- Low Impact Fisheries of Europe: Final call for Eastern Baltic cod, 15 March 2019
- BSAC reply to EU Commission, 22 March 2019
- Letter of reply from BALTFISH to BSAC, 26 March 2019
- ICES benchmark report for Eastern and Western Baltic cod stocks, 5 April 2019
- NGOs Joint Letter to Fisheries Ministers of EU Member States in the Baltic Sea region, 11 April 2019