The Observership/Membership Criteria for CCB are based on the CCB Mission Statement for CCB and the overall goal for CCB.
The Observership/Membership Criteria have been developed in order to make the process easier when monitoring new applications for observership/membership with CCB. The mission of new members and observers to CCB should be in line with the overall goal and mission of CCB. Therefore, it is important to have criterias for what kind of organisations that can apply for oberservership/membership with CCB.
Criterias to be fulfilled:
- The applicant should be a non-profit-making environmental non-governmental organisation in the Baltic Sea Region
- The applicant mission should be in line with the mission statement of CCB
- The applicant shall primarly be situated and perform activities in the Baltic Sea catchment area for protection of the environmental and natural resources of the Baltic Sea.
- The applicant should be a democratic membership based organisation* with an international, national and/or regional, but not only local approach.
If you are interested, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
- In membership based NGO everybody has a right to become a member.
- Membership criteria have to avoid discriminal/refusal for membership based on sexual, racial, ethical, religious or other exclusive criteria.
- Main decisions are taken by the members through the democratic proceedures ( e.g. General meeting).
- All governing bodies (Council/Board, President/Chairman, etc.) are elected by the members.
- Governing bodies are accountable to the members.