The final conference will be arranged as a webinar on 4 of June 2020 starting at 09:45 CET and closing at 16:15.
The webinar Agenda has been updated on the 28.5.2020: HAZBREF Webinar Final Agenda (pdf)
The first part of the event will focus on presenting results from HAZBREF activities concerning the following topics:
- Approaches to identify relevant substances for BREF reviews
- Proposal for a more systematic method to address hazardous
- Substances in the BREF-process,
- Recommendations for the management of chemicals in HAZBREF case sectors: Textile industry (TXT), Surface Treatment of Metals and Plastics (STM) and Chemical industry (LVIC concerning fertilisers and POL concerning Polymers production)
- Promoting non-toxic material cycles in the BREF process
We will also hear presentations from HAZBREF stakeholders on how the project’s results can be implemented in practice and how chemical management aspects can be improved in BREFs.
In the second part of the event we will also focus on the Implications of the Zero Pollution Ambition of the European Green Deal for the Industrial Emission Directive (IED) and how the BREF process can contribute to the goals of the European Green Deal. Download the agenda here.
The intention is to keep this online event as interactive as possible and to facilitate a discussion to exchange views and experiences among HAZBREF stakeholders. This event will allow participants to ask questions during the presentations via a chat function and also a possibility to contribute verbally to the discussions.
In order to register for the event please go here. More information on the webinar software and webinar house rules will be provided at a later stage for those who have registered to the event. In case you have questions please contact Project Manager Kaj Forsius (kaj.forsius(a)ymparisto.fi).