The Tackling Entanglement – Bycatch Event was held on 5th December from 12:30 to 14:30 at the European Parliament in Bruxelles.
EU decision-makers, cetacean bycatch experts and small-scale fisheries representatives exchanged views and provided solutions on the urgent measures needed to better protect marine mammals from being fatally caught in fishing gears.
– Joint NGOs PR after the event
– Agenda of the event
– Brief on cetacean bycatch
– Brief on the common dolphin in the Bay of Biscay
– Brief on the Baltic Sea harbour porpoise
– Brief on the US Marine Mammal Protection Act and import rules